Being overweight means you are willing to do anything and everything that can help you get rid of the extra fat layer.
Most people who are unaware of the health hazard usually look for extreme measures to lose weight, but it can impact their body in the worst way possible in the long run.
To make sure, you are not straining your body and choosing a simple, effective and healthy method of weight loss, your goal should be to lose the fat and get a muscular body that helps you look better.
You will have to find a balanced HIIT workout that can help you get rid of fat without impacting your health.
- Why is HIIT Effective For Fat Loss?
- How To Start the HIIT Workout?
- How To Distribute The 30 Minutes HIIT Time Limit?
- First Phase of HIIT
- Second Phase
- HIIT Third Phase
- 30-Min HIIT Workout for Fat Loss
- How HIIT Help To Lose Fat
- Why Choose HIIT Workout For Fat Lose?
- HIIT Cardio Exercises To Add In Your Workout Routine
- 30-Min HIIT Workout Sample Workout Routine
- 1. Warm-Up (5 min)
- 2. HIIT Circuit (20 min total)
- 3. Cool-Down (5 min)
- Bottom Line
- Best HIIT Cardio Workout for Fast Weight Loss
Why is HIIT Effective For Fat Loss?
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a cardiovascular exercise strategy that alternates between short bursts of intense anaerobic exercise and less-intense recovery periods or rest.
The objective of HIIT is to push the body to its limits during those short intense bursts, which are typically between 30 seconds to a few minutes long, followed by a brief rest or low-intensity recovery period.
Want To Build 6 Pack ABS: Use Our Free Calculator To Know Your Fat Loss Calories Requirement
How To Start the HIIT Workout?
To start the workout, you have to figure out how much you weigh and how much BMI you have. This is not just limited to weight only because your gender, race, and your ethnicity along with height play an equally important role.
Now, simply look for the average BMI for someone your age, height, and gender and this will offer you an estimate of how much weight you need to lose.
How To Distribute The 30 Minutes HIIT Time Limit?
Within your 30 minutes HIIT-based workout, you need to start by distributing time.
Your overall workout time should have three phases.
First Phase of HIIT
The very first phase should be dedicated to the warm-up so your body is ready for the intense workout to come.
You should also be aware that skipping the warm-up phase can result in a greater risk of injury. If you are not prepared for the workout, you will not have a good enough chance of entering into recovery.
You will feel more pain, which can have a negative impact on the quality of your workout.
For the second phase, you will have an active workout phase where you will follow all the workouts that you have aligned. Within this workout pattern, you can easily have intense workout sessions followed by small resting time sessions.
For each session, you need to make sure that your workout stays within your set range of a 4 to 1 ratio.
HIIT Third Phase
Finally, for the last session, you will have a cool-down session. You will be able to complete your workout easily without increasing the risk of injury or straining your body with this session.
This will also help you enter the recovery phase faster, so you do not have to feel the cramps that might impact your workout routine later.
BODY FAT % CALCULATOR: KNOW YOUR BODY FAT PERCENTAGE TO GET VISIBLE ABS
30-Min HIIT Workout for Fat Loss
For this workout, you will have three rounds, so technically you will distribute the workout into 10 minutes rounds.
- For each round, you will have 6 to 8 different exercises that you will be performing. You can use it as circuit training, so you can repeat the exercises again. If you want to increase the time limit, you can add another round with the same exercises.
- For the between-break sessions, you will have a 0-second break between the exercises. This means that unless you are not done with the round, you cannot take any break. However, you can take a break between the sessions or the rounds.
- For the session break, you can take 90 or 120 seconds depending on the intensity you choose. , However, you cannot exceed the 120-second limit.
For example, you can start with the 15 reps of inchworm, then move to 40 mountain climbers. This will help you work on your abs and your lower back, so you can move down to the gluteal muscles with 15 jump squats.
How HIIT Help To Lose Fat
- Increased Caloric Burn: HIIT workouts, despite being short, can burn a significant number of calories due to their high intensity.
- Afterburn Effect: HIIT boosts the metabolism post-workout, a phenomenon known as excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). This results in the body continuing to burn calories at an elevated rate after the workout is finished.
- Preserving Muscle Mass: The quick, intense nature of HIIT workouts can help preserve lean muscle mass while promoting fat loss, which is beneficial for maintaining a higher resting metabolic rate.
- Hormonal Impact: HIIT can increase the secretion of fat-burning hormones like norepinephrine and growth hormone.
- Time Efficiency: typically shorter than traditional workouts. It is easier for people to fit them into their busy schedules.
- Enhanced Insulin Sensitivity: HIIT can make it easier for the body to use glucose from the bloodstream for energy instead of storing it as fat.
- Variety Reduces Plateaus: The versatile nature of HIIT – incorporating different exercises and intensities – can prevent workout plateaus, ensuring continued progress in fat loss.
- Increased Metabolic Rate: Regular HIIT training can lead to a longer-term increased resting metabolic rate.
Why Choose HIIT Workout For Fat Lose?
So far, high-intensity interval training is known to be the most effective method of workout. This is not only good for weight loss but also muscle gain, melting fat, and body shape. Within high-intensity interval training, you will start by distributing the overall time you have into the small interval.
HIIT cardio workouts usually do not require any training equipment, and they can be easily done at home.
These intervals will need to follow a 4 to 1 ratio. For every 40 seconds of work, you will get 10 seconds of resting time. This can be used in terms of seconds or even minutes depending on the time you have on hand.
The timing of the workout is important because even the smallest chance of overworking yourself will eventually hurt your overall workout results.
HIIT Cardio Exercises To Add In Your Workout Routine
30 minutes is more than enough time to work out with a HIIT circuit to help you lose fat and build muscle. This type of HIIT is great for burning calories and fat while building strength and endurance. The perfect workout could include 3-4 sets of:
- Push Ups
- Mountain climbers
- Russian twists
- Bench Dips
- High Knees
- Jumping Jacks
A HIIT workout is typically between 10 and 30 minutes in duration and is seen as a very efficient way of exercising.
It is highly adaptable and there are several HIIT workouts to suit your needs. Design your workout plan according to your fitness level.
30-Min HIIT Workout Sample Workout Routine
1. Warm-Up (5 min)
Warm-ups are essential for preparing your body and preventing injuries.
- Jumping jacks (1 min)
- Dynamic stretches (1 min)
- High knees (1 min)
- Arm circles (1 min)
- Quick bodyweight squats (1 min)
2. HIIT Circuit (20 min total)
Get ready to challenge yourself with these exercises that target multiple muscle groups.
- Exercise 1: Burpees (45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest)
- Engage your core, jump, get into a plank position, do a push-up, and jump again.
- Exercise 2: Mountain Climbers (45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest)
- Maintain a plank position while driving your knees towards your chest alternately.
- Exercise 3: Jump Squats (45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest)
- Ensure you’re squatting down deep and then using your legs’ power to jump up.
- Exercise 4: Push-ups (45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest)
- Keep your body straight, and don’t let your hips sag.
- Exercise 5: Plank to alternating toe touch (45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest)
- From a plank position, touch your left toe with your right hand and vice versa.
Repeat this circuit 4 times.
3. Cool-Down (5 min)
Cooling down helps bring your heart rate gradually back to normal and can aid in recovery.
- Deep breathing (1 min)
- Forward bend stretch (1 min)
- Quad stretch (1 min each leg)
- Child’s pose (1 min)
- Cobra stretch (1 min)
HIIT cardio workout is one of the best ideas to train without spending much on costly equipment.
To sum it all up, it all comes down to the simple steps that you will take, rather than trying to master every technique in one go.
Most people never get to practice their technique; instead, they usually try to burn more calories by increasing the frequency. Experts think that this is one of the worst things you can do because it can waste your time and wear out your body.
Moreover, when you are not good with the technique, you will end up getting injured or straining muscles that you should not be focusing on.
Best HIIT Cardio Workout for Fast Weight Loss
Manish brings over 10 years of hands-on experience in weight lifting and fat loss to fitness coaching. He specializes in gym-based training and has a lot of knowledge about exercise, lifting technique, biomechanics, and more.
Through “Fit Life Regime,” he generously shares the insights he’s gained over a decade in the field. His goal is to equip others with the knowledge to start their own fitness journey.