In traditional Chinese and Indian medicine, green tea was used to control bleeding and healing wounds. It also aids digestion, improves heart and mental health, and regulates body temperature. Recent studies have shown that green tea can potentially have positive effects on everything from weight loss to liver disorders, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease. Those who drink green tea on a daily routine are much healthier than those who do not. According to the research; green tea helps in weight loss, cancer prevention, and improving the immune system.
Let’s know, what are the science-backed benefits of green tea and how it helps to improve health
- An analysis of published studies in 2011 found that consuming green tea, either as a beverage or in capsule form, helps to reduce “bad” cholesterol and lower blood pressure. Lower blood pressure means a lower chance of stroke, heart disease, kidney failure, and a whole host of other problems.
- The Antioxidant catechin helps to slow down the aging process. Catechin prevents free radicals from destroying body cells and helps to improve the immune system.
- A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking EGCG in green tea has been linked to a lower incidence of anxiety and depression symptoms.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, the polyphenols in tea have been shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer by 22%, colorectal cancer by 57%, and prostate cancer by 48%.
- In an observational study, people who consumed green tea daily had a 33% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes compared to those who don’t consume it.
- A study found that drinking green tea helps to treat stomach ailments and reduce stomach bloating.
- A study in the American Journal of clinical nutrition stated that consuming green tea boosts energy expenditure allowing you to burn up to twenty-five percent more calories during the workout.
- According to the study published, the catechins commonly found in green tea leaves can penetrate eye tissue, protecting it from glaucoma and other eye diseases.
- Researchers have found that green tea boosts metabolism and thus promotes weight loss.
- Studies have found that green tea might help prevent dental cavities, stress, chronic fatigue, treating skin conditions, and improving arthritis by reducing inflammation.
Thank for reading, Hope you have learnt valuable Lesson.
Stay Fit, Live a happy and healthy life
Manish brings over 10 years of hands-on experience in weight lifting and fat loss to fitness coaching. He specializes in gym-based training and has a lot of knowledge about exercise, lifting technique, biomechanics, and more.
Through “Fit Life Regime,” he generously shares the insights he’s gained over a decade in the field. His goal is to equip others with the knowledge to start their own fitness journey.